NANG THIS POST
Gevarm D4 submachine gun.
|Caliber||9x19mm Luger / Parabellum|
|Length (stock closed/open)||535 / 782 mm|
|Barrel length||233 mm|
|Rate of fire||600 rounds per minute|
|Magazine capacity||32 rounds|
The Gevarm D4 submachine gun was developed during early 1950 by French company Gevarm. It was produced in limited numbers, and used to some extent by French police.
The Gevarm D4 submachine gun is a simple blowback operated weapon which fires from open bolt. It had a safety / selector lever on the left side of the trigger unit, which allowed for single shots and full automatic fire. For aded safety, gun had an automatic grip safety, built into the front of the pistol grip. Charging handle also was located on the left side of the gun. The receiver, trigger unit and short barrel jacket were formed from sheet steel, making the gun rather inexpensive to manufacture. Gevarm D4 submachine gun was equipped with flip-up rear sight, marked for 50 or 100 meters, and with retractable buttstock, made of steel wire.